The liberation of the mind using meditation, concentration & breathing. This includes asana practise and the 8 Ashtangas.
Selfless service – a way of behaving, thinking & willing, without personal desires or gain. One acts without being attached to the fruits of ones deeds.
The path of knowledge, the understanding of the difference between the physical body and knower of the body (the soul).
Signifies an attitude of love & devotion to a personal belief (soul/god).
8 limbs of Ashtanga
The 8 limbs of Ashtanga help calm the ripples of your mind so you can access your true self and ultimate happiness.
1. Yamas: Abstentions
- Truth in word & thought
2. Niyamas: Observances
- Cleanliness – body & Mind
- Self control
3. Asana: Exercise, keeping physically healthy
4. Pranayama: Control of life energy with the breath
5. Pratyahara: Withdrawal of the senses
6. Dharana: Concentration on an object
7. Dhyana: Meditation
8. Samadhi: Oneness with an object of meditation